Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Sangritzakov

2 parts cold vodka
1 part sangrita

Mix in a double shot glass and drink quickly. Repeat ad nauseum.

Note: Sangrita is a delightful sweet and spicy mixer from Mexico that is generally served with tequila. We drink a lot of vodka, so this seemed a logical progression for us. This particular bottle was left at our house by Jon after a debaucherous cocktail party where everyone brought some interesting liquor and we mixed and matched.

While tequila is delightful with anything sweet, I find that vodka's neutral taste brings out the wonderful spiciness of the sangrita.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I can't believe you still have some of the Viuda de Sanchez left! I'll let you know when I find more. I may end up having to import it again. None of the liquor store owners I've talked to can get it--their distributers don't carry it.