Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Pink Limey


3 oz Tanqueray Rangpur Gin *
Watermelon Basil Juice
* you can substitute any good quality gin and a 1 tablespoon of lime juice.

Directions: Pour the gin (and lime if substituting) over ice and then fill the glass with the watermelon juice.

Notes: Tanqueray Rangpur is a variety of their delicious gin that has very strong and wonderfully bitter overtones of Indian rangpur lime. It has recieved mixed reviews, but we tend to like bitter flavors so we enjoy it. I am lucky enough to have a wife who is a wonderful food blogger and she made this deliciously sweet watermelon basil juice which paired very well with the strong bitter taste of the gin. Feel free to be generous with the gin; I always am.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Said wife is the one who directed me to this excellent blog. :)

Excellent recipe. I don't usually go for anything bitter, but with watermelon-basil this drink sounds awfully tempting...

Pigtown*Design said...

Sorry I missed you last week... This looks lush!

Mansi said...

wow, your occupation got me here!!:D i don't drink, but I love trying cocktails for my husband:)

nice collection of drinks, btw...

Anonymous said...

The Rangpur has been my summer liquor. I've gone through a bunch of bottles since May. I just love it!